Another healthy recipe coming your way. I am the queen of the Luna Bar, Kind Bar, and all those other pricey nutty protein bars, but I knew that I could bake something just as delicious. These Trail Mix Bars are filled with the good stuff: walnuts, flax and sunflower seeds, oats, dried fruit, agave nectar, and for the sweet tooth–dark chocolate. Rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber, and whole grains; this snack is something you can feel good about eating and are super tasty too! WW guys and gals, this Skinny Style recipe is coming in at only 3 points plus a bar….Woo Hoo!!!!
Trail Mix Bars
Yield: 24 bars
- 1 cup uncooked quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup Grape Nuts/Kashi Cereal 7 In The Morning Cereal
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters Egg Substitute
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Agave Nectar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup walnut halves, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, chopped
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8-by-8-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set pan aside.
In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, ground flaxseeds, Cereal, and ginger. Add Eggbeaters,, applesauce, agave nectar, brown sugar, and oil; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan using a back of a spoon or spatula. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool completely on a wire rack. Use edges of foil to lift cooked granola from pan, and cut into bars.
Source: Adapted recipe from Fitness Magazine, March 2011